Wednesday 11 October 2017

Stary Night

Do you ever look up and wonder where all the stars have gone?  With so much light pollution we often don't get a chance to see such beauty unless we venture out into the wilderness...The Penny Black stamp Star Gazing Friends 30-451 reminds me of one evening on holiday where we got to see the stars in the night sky in all it's glory from a boat in the ocean.  I just had to make it into a card; may be the polar bear and penguin are me and my significant other!



I also used Penny Black's Love & Peace 30-453 stamp set for the sentiment and Snowflakes 51-383, Antique Frame 51-397, Labels 51-344 and A Blizzard 51-268 (I used only the centre of one of the snowflakes). The  image was stamped using Memento London Fog ink and coloured using Chameleon Color Tone pens; Summer Sun, Mellow Yellow, Warm Grey 3, Cool Grey 8 with the Deep Black Color Top. The sentiment was stamped using Memento Stormy Sky and Diamond Stickles added for that extra bit of sparkle.  The background was shaded using Memento Paris Dusk and the stars given highlight with Dandelion ink.

I hope wherever you are, that when you look up you see a bright shining star, hugs
Cathy x



No comments: